Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Web Spotlight: Heirloom Seeds - FREE GARDENING E-BOOK
MyHeirloomSeeds.com is an excellent resource to keep in your Bookmarks folder! But what I'm REALLY excited about today is the fact that they have a FREE E-Book called the Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia and it's REALLY COOL!!!!!!!
It covers growing, freezing, canning, drying, and storing!!
Here's an Overview of each section:
PART ONE - The Garden
1. Planning Your Garden (Complete with pictures, area frost dates, etc)
2. Soil Amendments (adding things to make your soil the best it can be!)
3. Planting Your Garden (Spacing, seed depth, water needs)
4. Caring for Your Garden (Includes pictures and descriptions of common weeds!)
5. Keeping Your Garden Healthy (Weeds, pests, disease... all you need to know!)
PART TWO - The Plants
6. Vegetables (A-Z guide to all your favorite veggies!)
7. Herbs (An A-Z guide to all kinds of herbs, and how to grow them indoors and outdoors!)
8. Storing Vegetables (The Preserving method chart rocks!!)
9. Freezing Vegetables (All you need to know about freezing)
10. Drying Vegetables (One of my favorite ways to store veggies and fruits)
11. Sprouting Vegetables (THIS SECTION MAKES THIS WORTH A DOWNLOAD ALONE!!!!!!)
12. Storing/Using Herbs (A MUST have)
This E-Book is FREE and is chalk-full of extremely useful information. It includes 261 PAGES of gardening material. And did I mention it won't cost you anything? ; P It's in PDF format, and ready for printing.
Download the Vegetable Gardening Encyclopedia here.